Tips on writing an effective resume
Our easy to use resume template – just fill in the blanks
Resumes are critically important documents. It doesn’t matter how good you are, if you cannot produce a good resume chances are you won’t even get to an interview, let alone win a good job.
Our resume template below has been designed to provide you with a structure which will allow you to include all your employment details in a logical and easy to follow format. All you have to do is fill in the blanks.
Here are some very important tips on writing a good resume:
1. Make it easy to read. Dot points are very good in this regard. Difficult to read resumes can often find themselves in the waste bin, especially if the reader has lots of other applications.
2. Keep your formatting neat and consistent. Try to make every page as consistent as possible. Avoid starting a new heading at the bottom of a page.
3. Where possible change your resume to suit the job you’re applying for. Lots of people have many years of experience under their belts and cannot include all of it on a single resume. Leave out the irrelevant bits and include all the things you’ve done that are relevant to the job you’re applying for.
4. Get your spelling right! Many employers will not interview people who cannot be bothered to check their spelling.
5. Do not exaggerate. You’ll just be wasting your time and others’
Click here to download your FREE resume template - just fill in the blanks