- Newly created senior position – Make the role your own!
- Drive the business forward & manage expansion
- Stable, successful family owned Gold Coast business
About the Employer
Our client is a highly successful Gold Coast engineering business, who specialise in the manufacture, installation, design and project management of one-off projects for the food processing industry, along with general engineering services for large and small companies alike. They have been in operation for over 25 years, and have developed a reputation for uncompromised quality, reliability and design. Their dedicated team have a range of qualifications and expertise to ensure they complete every project with precision and excellence.
About the Role:
A newly created position has now become available for a “hands-on” General Manager, who is able to use their strong leadership and management skills to drive the business growth of this successful Gold Coast SME business and help to lead the team through their next growth phase. Previous general management and project management experience within the engineering industry, preferably within the FMCG sector would be highly desirable.
- Rare opportunity to make your mark in the business
- Excellent salary package, including incentives
- Challenging ‘hands on” role
- Assist with business planning and development
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement
- Financial management, and achievement of budget and targets
- Attend client meetings from project initiation to completion to ensure client satisfaction
- Be responsible for ongoing leadership and management of the team, including recruitment and induction, training, OH&S etc
- Manage resource allocation to ensure optimal customer service levels and utilisation
- Ensure quality service standards are maintained to Company and customer requirements
- Ensure adherence to OH&S standards
Skills and Experience:
- Strong track record of delivering business growth
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior leadership position within the engineering or related industries
- Strong, clear communicator who builds trust, loyalty and commitment to a common goal
- Be self-motivated and leads with a positive, can do attitude
- Well organized with the ability to juggle multiple deadlines and priorities
- Strong commercial acumen, with the ability to meet company targets
- Strategic forward thinker with superior interpersonal and relationship building skills
Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.
Job ID: LBGM01