Senior Systems Engineer
• Competitive remuneration
• Small – Medium Managed Service Provider
• Exposure to different technologies and clients
About the Employer:
Our client is a small to medium Managed Service Provider based near Sydney CDB. Their goal is to deliver efficient and effective first level technical support to all clients.
About the Role:
Our client is seeking an experienced Senior Systems Engineer to join their team. You will be responsible to manage projects, consult with customers and provide hands-on technical skills across a wide range of technologies.
• Work with a supportive team environment
• Competitive remuneration
• Exposure to different technologies & clients
• Long term career opportunity
• Provide support to the service desk team for complex technical issues, including server applications and infrastructure components, with an emphasis on networks and security
• Infrastructure implementation, support and troubleshooting – Both remote and on-site, including repair/replacement of hardware, configuration of networks, security and server infrastructure, and managing customer expectations regarding outages and downtime
• Project work, – including building and implementing IT infrastructure, both on-site at customer premises and remotely.
• Adept at working with the myriad of technologies that make up the IT infrastructure including Servers (both hardware and software), storage platforms, network infrastructure, security & firewalls. Must be willing to rapidly (often on the fly) learn new technologies and components.
• Project management – defining the requirements with the customer, managing the customer expectations, liaising with the customer for timings and outages, and seeking signoff on completion of the project or project stage.
• Technical account management – Liaise with the customer on a regular basis, including attending onsite meetings, explain solutions, and/or issue resolutions and take input regarding business requirements for additional work.
Skills and Experience:
• Previous experience in a Senior Systems Engineer / Level 3 Engineer role
• Previous experience in delivering technical services
• Knowledge or skills in security solutions
• Have networking certifications such as CCNA or CCNP
• Have experience with servers, storage and other IT infrastructure
• Have experience with virtualisation (VMware, Hyper-V)
• Have experience with Cloud infrastructure and customer migrations – Preferably Certification for Azure and/or AWS
• Have experience with network design, implementation and support
• Have experience with scripting (such as VBS, PowerShell, Pearl, PHP etc.)
• Have Microsoft certifications preferable MCSA
• A strong customer service focus with a professional approach
• A team player with a can-do attitude, lots of energy and initiative with a strong work ethic
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written & verbal)
• Current driver’s licence and own vehicle
Please forward your cover letter and resume in WORD format.
Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.
Job ID: NPSSE01