- Growing Gold Coast Business
- Opportunity to work on a variety of equipment
- Fantastic Team!
About the Employer:
Our client is a highly successful Gold Coast business who provides innovative and safe lifting solutions for heavy machinery in the mining industry. They have been in operation for over 50 years, and have developed a reputation for uncompromised quality, reliability and design. Their products are locally manufactured and are supplied to customers in Australia and throughout the World.
About the Role:
Due to continued business growth, our Client is now seeking an experienced, trade qualified Fitter Machinist, or a Mechanical Fitter with machining experience, who has an excellent work ethic and prides themselves on providing superior workmanship at all times. You will be responsible for manufacturing, diagnosing and repairing a wide range of hydraulic cylinders, 50 to 200 tonne mining jacks, lift and lock jack stands, tyre presses and motors.
- Highly successful Gold Coast business
- Be Proud to be part of an “Australian Made” Company
- Excellent hourly rates plus paid overtime
- Assembly of Hydraulic Equipment
- Manufacture and repair of hydraulic cylinders, mining jacks, jack stands and accessories
- Manufacture of barrels, cylinders, chrome rods and pistons
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Manual lathe experience 1m to 4m
- CNC lathe experience
- Experience working with milling machinery
- Familiarity with dismantling and reassembling cylinders
- Ability to diagnose and fault find and prioritise to meet deadlines
- Ability to work unsupervised and successfully in a workshop environment
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- A team player who is respectful towards staff members and customers
- Current drivers Licence
- Previous experience working within the hydraulic industry or hydraulic systems would be an advantage
- Mig and Tig and welding experience an advantage
- Forklift License would be an advantage
Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.
Job ID: LBFM02.3