- Successful and well known established showroom
- Exciting opportunity to use your mentoring/leadership experience
- Work with a great bunch of passionate, professional people
- Be rewarded with awesome salary and package
About the Employer
Now in their 50th year, this boutique plumbing supplier are leaders in the industry. An iconic brand known for their friendly, reliable service with repeat customers driving the business from strength to strength. Known and frequented by architects, builders, developers, plumbers and regular clientele alike. My client thrives on providing exceptional customer service and quality products to the market.
About the Role
Assistant Manager plays a key role in the business supporting the Store Manager while taking ownership of a designated area.
A front line role, running a busy service desk for customers, while striving to achieve personal and team sales targets. As 2IC this role is expected to effectively negotiate relationships with customers and suppliers dealing with and resolving effectively any issues that can arise.
A strong successful level of retail sales experience is essential plus previous experience leading/mentoring a team to achieve targets.
- 5 days a week requirement – have Sunday’s off!
- Excellent base salary offered and achievable bonus structure $$$
- Car & phone provided
- Opportunity for career progression
- Secure, well known, successful boutique brand for kitchen/bathroom & plumbing supplies
- Open and close of store daily
- Mentoring and managing a team of four staff including day to day and performance reviews
- Managing the Service Desk with the daily operations; liaising with customers and the go between for internal business units
- Managing stock control, merchandise and display with trade representatives
- Building excellent relationships with all suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Senior product knowledge across the various categories to assist all customers and staff
- Keeping up to date with market trends and offering input with new business initiatives
Skills and Experience:
- Proven successful retail management experience
- Effective negotiator and leader
- Proactive thinking and solution focused with strong communication and organisational skills
- Practical hands on trade experience would be ideal but not essenstial
- Passionate about customer service and understanding how to deliver an exceptional experience
Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.