- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Ongoing Training and Mentorship
- Solid long-term employment opportunity
- Established and successful company
About the Employer
Established in 1995 in New Zealand as a small family business, our client began by supplying a range of trailer components to trailer builders. Over the following years, a commitment to good ethical values such as integrity, honesty, and loyalty; along with a strong focus on innovation and outstanding customer service has led to them expanding across NZ and eventually into Australia.
About the Role:
Due to the rapid growth phase this progressive company is experiencing, my client is seeking a Junior Welder/Production Hand to join their Melbourne branch. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for assisting with the production of trailer axles and other fabricated components; including cutting, drilling, welding and some light painting and assembly work. The role requires high level of initiative, accuracy and attention to detail to ensure products are in line with specifications and at quality levels expected.
- Flexible start and finish times
- Monday-Friday – No Weekends
- Quality tools of the trade, great facilities and new premises
- Supportive, values driven leadership team
- Production processes in the manufacturing of trailer axles and other fabricated components
- Steel cutting, drilling and welding; and other light painting and assembly work
- Assisting with inbound goods and pre-assembly of components
- General warehouse duties – pick and packing customer orders, organising delivery and updating systems.
- Communicate effectively at all levels, including with clients and colleagues
- Demonstrate high standards of quality and workmanship
- Exercise workplace safety
Skills and Experience:
- Entry level experience in Steel welding, cutting and drilling within a Manufacturing environment
- Assembly work and ability to effectively operate a variety of power and hand tools
- Some experience in general warehouse operations is desirable
- An awareness of mechanical and engineering principles in steel production
- Understanding of site safety requirements
- Good customer service skills with a professional phone manner
- Experience in using ERP systems or willingness to learn
- Ability to work autonomously and as a team player
- A conscientious, positive attitude and a desire to continuously excel; to learn and grow with the business
- A good level of physical fitness
This is a “hands-on” role for someone with loads of initiative and willing to think outside the square to progress the company. If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.
Job ID: JSWH01.3