- Excellent $$$ (up to $90K depending on quals & experience)
- Fully maintained company vehicle
- North-West Sydney location
- Growth opportunity for a qualified automotive mechanic
- Cross over to well-paid machinery work
About the Employer
Established for over 20 years with branches in three states, our client is Australian-owned and operated. They are recognised as the “difficult access” equipment specialists throughout Australia and NZ and have exclusive rights to import and distribute a range of high-quality European Specialised Access Equipment. Also offering a variety of other Materials Handling solutions, the company is proud of its success and has a reputation for providing dedicated customer service.
About the Role:
Due to company growth, our client is seeking a well-presented Service Technician with electro-mechanical experience to join their Sydney branch where the focus is on specialized height access machinery for both sale and hire.
This is a great opportunity to grow, working in a small team to support the Workshop Manager, providing technical skills, maintaining leading-edge mechanical equipment and assisting with a high level of customer service. It’s a varied role requiring technical competence, diagnostic skills, a passion for high-end machinery, a responsible attitude combined with a genuine focus on customer satisfaction. You must be well-presented and have the ability to communicate at all levels. You will be required to effectively prioritise a variety of tasks across your daily workload.
- Excellent remuneration ($60,000 – $90,000 depending on qualifications and experience)
- Fully maintained vehicle, fuel card, phone, laptop etc.
- Work out of a 5-star workshop facility
- Career advancement opportunities (including sales potential)
- Opportunity to take on more responsibility and autonomy
- Varied position with training provided and a supportive team
- Monday to Friday with some overtime available
- Provide high-quality workmanship in mechanical service, maintenance and repair
- Servicing equipment on-site and sometimes in the field as required
- Successful communication with customers to understand their needs
- Coordination of workflow, subcontractors and transport companies
- Completing pre-delivery checks and loading of machinery
- Attend sites to induct operators on the full range of products
- Regular, accurate communication with the Workshop Manager and Service Agents
- Willingness to continually learn and advance with product changes and advancements
- Provide high standard of customer service
Skills and Experience:
- Mechanical Trade or Auto-Electrical qualification or similar is required.
- Must have a demonstrated history as a mechanical service technician
- Prior automotive electrical experience or proficiency with plant machinery/hydraulic systems an advantage
- Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- A high level of proven organizational skills with a mechanical workflow
- Must have a genuine capacity to communicate well with people
- Ability to contribute effectively in a small team environment
- Energetic, self-motivated and reliable with a good work ethic
Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.
Job ID: LDMT01