- Growing organisation with opportunities for career growth and progression
- Supportive team and leadership environment
- Onboard and manage your own portfolio of clients
About the Role
Due to progressive business growth, our client is seeking a full-time Senior Accountant to join their newly established office in Capalaba.
Working collaboratively with the Director, this position will be responsible for completing high-level accounting and taxation duties for all entity types, preparing Financial Statements, Individual and Business Tax Returns, and Business Activity Statements. Moreover, you will support the Director in providing tax advice and planning to multiple clients.
The ideal candidate must possess strong attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What’s great about this role:
- Secure employment in a company providing quality accounting advice and service
- Full-time employment offering a competitive salary package
- Brand new office that is accessible to public transport
- Preparation of Tax Returns and Financial Statements
- Reconciling GST in the ledger with BAS lodged
- Review quarterly GST reports and prepare and lodging BASs.
- Conducting research for legislation for tax advice to clients
- Lodgement of Taxable Payments Annual Reports (TPAR)
- Preparation of Division 7A loans
- Preparation of FBT Reimbursement Work Papers
- Provide weekly emails for Productivity and Recoverability numbers
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in public practice accountancy firms
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CA or CPA qualified (not a requirement but advantageous
- Previous experience with Access (Sage) Handisoft is desirable
- Previous experience with preparing individual Tax Returns and Financial Statements
- Attention to Detail
- Professional work ethic displaying honesty and integrity
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
How to apply
All applications are to be submitted online – click APPLY. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so apply today! Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.