- Attractive remuneration
- Join a growing business
- Expand your career in Service Desk support
About the Employer
A fresh, energetic company based in Lane Cove, Sydney that provides IT Support Services in the Microsoft arena (IT infrastructure), and typically act as the IT department for customers. Our customers are located all around Australia and average between 15 and 2000 staff. The business is expanding and our Service Desk is looking for an IT Service Desk Officer/Analyst to join our team.
We support the full range of Microsoft products, a range of 3rd party and in-house applications, phone systems and all other IT-related enquiries. In addition, you will often be required to get involved with various IT projects which will provide you with the ability to develop your IT skills and grow your career.
About the Role
Work within a tight team of people who are truly passionate about the work they do for their customers. A fantastic opportunity exists for an IT Service Desk Analyst, who enjoys change and thrives in a fast-paced, challenging team environment.
Working within a small, high performing team, the IT Service Desk Analyst is the frontline first point of contact in the receiving and handling of support requests. This role provides first line investigation and diagnosis and promptly allocates or escalates unresolved issues as appropriate. You will be skilled and take full ownership of issues and utilise your initiative and solid customer service experience to resolve queries in a professional and timely manner.
This role is for a permanent support staff member to be based onsite at our client’s head office, with the potential to go onsite to customer locations as the need arises.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively keep customers informed in relation to the issues and/or requests made and ensure accuracy and quality of all queries contributes to meeting customer expectations, and timeframes.
- Installation & troubleshooting of all hardware, software, and other in-house applications.
- Raise support cases with external vendors and manage turnaround of requests.
- Provide input when required to evaluate customer feedback and develop quality improvement processes.
- Identify patterns within incidents handled to identify service delivery problems.
- Maintain awareness of opportunities provided by new technology to address challenges or to enable new ways of working.
- Delivering a client focused service experience for technology customer queries while demonstrating the highest standards of written and verbal communication.
- Undertaking coordinated incident management in liaison with other operational teams.
- Deliver smaller operational projects daily, such as staff moves, software deployments or office relocations.
- Provide 24/7 support on a roster basis, including On Call.
Required Skills and Experience
- Sound knowledge and ability to troubleshoot Digital Desktop equipment such as, but not limited to, desktop PC’s, laptops, iPads, iPhones, desktop applications, mobile applications, and peripheral equipment.
- Familiarity with Android and Apple based phones and tablets, and associated management software (as per above).
- Ability to support and troubleshoot issues with technologies; including but not limited to Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, Cabling), Remote Access Connectivity, Telephony including mobile phones.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Thorough knowledge of Desktop, LAN, peripheral device installation and support is essential.
- Providing high-level support of the Microsoft SOE – Windows 7/8/10, Office 2007/2010/2013/2016/O365.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of business applications where firstsecond level support may be required.
- 36+ months experience providing Level 1 or 2 support to a user base of 250+ end-users.
- A strong customer service focus with a professional approach.
- A team player with a “can do” attitude, loads of energy and initiative with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated commitment to standards & procedures.
- A strong analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills with a willingness to ‘own’ incidents and requests until satisfactorily resolved.
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task and work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to provide after-hours support on an as needed basis.
- Be organised and have good time management skills.
- Have Microsoft certifications, preferably MCSA.
- Have experience managing servers, storage and other IT infrastructure.
- Have experience managing virtualisation (VMware., HyperV).
- Have experience with networking and associated infrastructure.
- Have experience with back-up technologies.
- Have a good understanding of Service Desk tools and practices.
- Have a good understanding of, or preferably be certified in ITIL.
This role would ideally suit someone with similar experience on a Service Desk, who is looking for a challenging and dynamic environment.
Due to location and requirement to visit customers onsite, owning a car is mandatory for this role.
To be eligible for this position, candidates be Australian Citizens or at least have Australian Residency.
Job ID: BBSD02
← Back to job listings