Environmental Geochemist / Contaminated Sites Specialist
- $150K p.a + will commensurate with technical expertise
- Flexible working environment
- Be part of a team of High Calibre Professionals
About the Employer
Our client is a Perth based consultancy, which has been servicing clients in WA for over 30 years. Their team consists of experienced experts in the disciplines of Assets, Engineering, Environment, Noise, Spatial and Waste.
Our clients’ Environment Division has considerable experience in dealing with a range of investigations including contaminated sites, acid sulfate soils, geochemistry, geology and hydrogeology. In order to continue to provide a high-level of service to existing clients and new, they require the services of an experienced and well-regarded Principal Consultant with specialist experience in all facets of contaminated site investigations.
About the Role:
The successful candidate will work closely with the Investigations Team Leader and will be involved in business development as well as the technical delivery of projects. They will also work closely with other areas of practice (e.g. mining and waste) to deliver operational and closure environmental management solutions.
- Established consultancy with diverse projects
- Attractive salary commensurate with experience / technical expertise
- Based in Perth, Sydney, Melbourne
- Achieve work life balance in this family friendly business
- Enjoy a sociable and cohesive team culture
- Provide technical support, planning investigations, data assessment and interpretation for environmental projects
- Manage and support a range of projects, prepare technical reports and proposals
- Articulate scientific and technical content in a manner that encourages buy-in and commitment at all levels including operations
- Plan and implement studies and/or work programs
- Technical problem solving, succinctly develop scopes of work to appropriately solve problems, and solutions that account for uncertainty and risk
- Foster and develop existing and new business opportunities
Skills and Experience:
- A B.Sc in Geology, Hydrogeology or Geochemistry or relevant discipline, with greater than 20 years technical experience in environmental investigations
- Experience in project management and management of small consultancy teams
- Excellent technical capacity; with experience and understanding of contemporary remedial techniques associated with contaminated sites
- Strong understanding of the legal framework associated with contaminated sites and other investigations
- Experience and understanding of NSW contaminated sites framework beneficial
- Experience in dealing with the waste and mining industries
- Demonstrated skills in Source/Pathway/Receptor modelling
- Strong understanding of water resource management
- Excellent communication skills; formal and informal, verbal and written
A very competitive salary package will be offered to the successful candidate based on experience and capability.
Job ID: JBPCEG01.02
← Back to job listings