- Exciting opportunity within the Electroplating & Powder Coating industry
- Work with a great team
- Full-time fixed term opportunity
- IMMEDIATE START!
About the Employer
Our client is well-established leader in the surface finishing industry. The company’s primary service is zinc electroplating ferrous articles, as well as processing high volume repetition steel parts and assemblies, by operating their three electroplating lines. This Queensland based family owned business believes in producing only the highest standard and quality of products and services. They have a supportive and proactive team who help drive their continued success.
About the Role
Our client is seeking a self-motivated and adaptable Process Technician to join their steel surface finishing team on a full-time basis. Reporting to the Factory Manager and working alongside a small, friendly team this is an autonomous role that requires a mix of hands-on process & maintenance work with wet-laboratory tasks.
Your key focus will be on operating/maintaining/repairing/replacing surface finishing and waste water treatment process equipment, ensuring such machinery operates safely as designed. This pivotal role is critical to the daily operational success by contributing significantly to the production, quality, safety and environmental goals of the business.
Ideally, you will have an operational & maintenance understanding and exposure to working with surface finishing processes, waste water treatment and/or chemical processing. On offer for the successful person is a full-time position with an industry leader, contracted until December 2019 with an opportunity to continue.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Assisting with process optimisation/updating/introduction around surface finishing
- Regular quality control checks including pH, temperature, chemical and water testing
- General plant & equipment maintenance
- Ordering chemical and consumables supplies
- Overseeing contractors & suppliers during scheduled maintenance tasks, break-down works & fault-finding/investigation.
- Overseeing operation of the waste treatment plant to meet the demands of Production and other Maintenance related tasks.
To be successful for this role you must have the following:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar technical/maintenance role within the surface finishing, water treatment or chemical processing industry.
- Creative proven problem-solving ability and the capacity to develop effective solutions;
- Basic to Intermediate skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & Explorer and web based search engines.
- Strong respect for working safe workplace practices and environmental regulations.
- Flexible, self-motivated with a proactive mindset;
- Be well organised with advanced time management skills;
- Own reliable transport;
Ideally the candidate will also have:
- Current Forklift License;
- Safe Chemical Handling Certificate (or willing to obtain one);
- Understanding of chemical based surface finishing processes on ferrous articles, include pre-treatment cleaning
Successful candidates may be asked to participate in a Pre-Employment Medical including a functional assessment before commencement.
On offer is a fantastic opportunity with loads of variety and the potential for future career advancement. If you have a proven track record of working in the manufacturing or metal industry and a genuine passion for providing high quality work… APPLY NOW … this role is calling you!
You must have Australian Citizenship/Residency to be considered for this position. Please apply by forwarding a cover letter and resume in WORD format.
Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.
Job ID: JOPT05
← Back to job listings