Warehouse Operations Manager
- Manage and carry out all duties involved within a busy warehouse
- Join an established family based business and great team!
- Sole operations position for motivated, diligent self-starter
- Forklift experience is essential
- Monday to Friday – full time
About the Employer
Our client is a small family-based business, importing and wholesaler of hardware and flooring products for the domestic and light commercial market. Wholesale clients include some of the largest hardware retail chains nationwide. This is a fantastic opportunity to have the support of a cohesive and efficient administration and sales team, whilst maintaining your autonomy in an operations role within the organisation.
About the Role
Our client is seeking a motivated, diligent individual, with Warehouse Operations Management experience. If you can demonstrate a sound understanding of 3PL operations, paperless warehousing and/or warehousing principles then this job may be the next challenge for you.
Reporting to the Director, our successful candidate will be prepared to roll up their sleeves to undertake the day to day aspects of Warehouse Operations, as well as implement the required framework/systems & processes for a busy warehouse. The ideal candidate needs to be level-headed, physically fit, practical with aptitude for systems and processes.
The role is responsible for both inwards and outwards goods. The successful candidate will have previous warehousing experience and hold a forklift licence (or have sufficient forklift experience to attain their licence easily). In addition, the role requires basic mathematics, communication skills and computer literacy.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Unload deliveries and containers
- Record and investigate returns
- Maintain pick locations
- Put away bulk pallets
- Wrap and label incoming goods
- Drive and maintain forklifts
- Cycle counts, Reworks
- Maintain inventory in warehouse management system
- Operate freight management system (despatch)
- Pick, pack and label orders, including parcels and pallets
- Stock control (Loscam)
To be considered for this position you must have the following:
- Previous Warehouse Operations experience
- Can demonstrate a sound understanding of 3PL operations and/or best practice warehousing principles.
- Good record keeping and basic mathematics skills
- Be physically fit (stamina and strength)
- Good level communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in the use of computer systems and web-based technologies
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Forklift Licence
We are looking for a motivated self-starter with integrity and even better work ethic. Your unflappable and positive communication style means you will happily roll up your sleeves to get the job done in a busy and rewarding environment. Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you!
A competitive salary is offered (based on experience) and will be discussed further at time of the interview.
Please forward your cover letter and resume in WORD format.
Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.
Job ID: KFWM01.1
← Back to job listings