- Well Established Family Business of 50 years with a strong history of growth
- Major national retail clients
- $55 – $60K + super
About the Employer
This established family business has been successfully supplying the retail industry for over 30 years in Australia and Internationally. The products are globally sourced and of the highest quality. They are skilled in providing solutions for the smallest through to the largest project.
About the Role
Due to growth and expansion, our client is seeking a Purchasing Assistant who will work to support the Sales and Procurement Managers in all facets of order logistics, including; freight management both import and nationally, quality management in regards to returned order trends, ERP system maintenance, inventory/order management, and stakeholder relationship building. You will have a keen eye for identifying issues and providing solutions for quality and process improvement.
To be successful in this role you will have a minimum of two years of demonstrated experience in a procurement/import environment.
- Innovative, growing company
- Great salary & ongoing learning
- Opportunity for Career Progression
- No travel is required and car parking on site
- Family business with a supportive growth culture
- Full responsibility for International/national freight arrivals, container despatches, and intercountry transfers
- Tracking and reporting on shipments as required to necessary stakeholders
- Shipment/order documentation management
- Quality management of return trends/issues
- Inventory management
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work unsupervised, capable of meeting deadlines, and work under pressure
- Proactive thinker, with strong communication, organisational, and writing skills – strong Excel knowledge
- Strong understanding of supply chain procedures with import processes and purchasing experience of utmost importance
- Good analytical skills with the ability to create reports and conduct cost analysis
- Initiative at prioritising duties and dealing with unforeseen situations – “think on your feet”
- Must have proven previous experience in a similar role for at least 2 years.
Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.
← Back to job listings