- Work for a friendly family orientated team
- Opportunity to work across the board and learn other areas of the business
- A small team who supports one another
- Attractive salary on offer
About the Employer
My Client offers a comprehensive service in all areas of building certification. Based in Sutherland Shire – they operate throughout the Sydney metropolitan and Illawarra areas.
Their work is spread evenly between complying development and construction certificates with associated mandatory inspections and occupation certificates.
Additionally, they undertake BCA Reporting.
About the Role:
A position has become available for an experienced building certifier in A2 or A3 to carry out residential or commercial building assessments and inspections. You must have good communication skills (written and verbal) and demonstrated customer focus when liaising with owners, designers, architects, engineers and project/construction staff.
- Work for a business who believe in work life balance
- Be part of a growing business
- Great career opportunity with the ability to grow your skills in other areas of the business
- Liaising directly and working closely with owners, designers, architects, engineers and project/ construction staff
- Manage workload with a high attention to detail and problem solving
- Carrying out assessments, approvals and finalisation of commercial building applications (within licence scope)
- Conducting commercial or residential inspections
- A2 or A3 certification
- Travel locally, inner west and north to visit sites
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience carrying out residential or commercial building assessments and inspections
- A2 or A3 certifying experience required
- Qualification in Building Surveying
- Must have good communication skills (written and verbal) and demonstrated customer focus when liaising with owners, designers, architects, engineers and project/construction staff
- Hold a current accreditation/registration
- Must have above average knowledge of the BCA, SEPPs (particularly the Exempt and Complying SEPP), LEPs with the ability to apply that knowledge to the assessment of applications and to clearly convey information to clients
- A detailed understanding of planning controls and the principles that underpin the controls is essential
- Experience with BCS software would be an advantage
- Must hold a Class C driver’s licence is essential
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.
← Back to job listings