- Generous Base Salary + Super + Uncapped Commission
- Flexible working arrangements including work from home
- Work for a global market leader in emerging technology
- A newly created role with the opportunity to make it your own
About the Employer
This is an amazing opportunity to work with a global market leader in emerging technology, with strong opportunities for progression as their company continues to grow. You will be provided with flexible working arrangements including remote working, ongoing product training, assistance with lead generation activities and targeted marketing to support your own acquisition activities. You will also have access to a global network of technical pre-sales and post-sales support to help you meet and exceed your monthly and quarterly targets.
About the Role:
My client is looking to hire a full-time Business Development Manager for our office in Melbourne, Australia. You will be working to help companies leverage products, solutions and services that use cutting edge technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Internet of Things, as well as advanced Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, Cloud Services, and Web and Mobile application development services. With over 250 engineers, we also focus heavily on business intelligence and analytics, integrations / API development and product development services for organisations ranging from startups to enterprises and governments.
- An newly created role with the opportunity to make it your own
- Work with a highly innovate, creative and driven team
- If you are passionate about sales and emerging technology – this is the business for you
- Work with the Managing Director – Australia & New Zealand to develop and execute the regional sales strategy
- Conduct lead generation activities and utilise your previous sales experience and network to develop, qualify and manage the sales pipeline
- Manage sales through all phases of the sales cycle including account strategies and forecasting through to fulfilment and post-sales
- Develop strong relationships at all levels of client businesses to develop, manage and grow key accounts
- Facilitate contract negotiations and manage revenue, total contract value and margins for products and services
- Assist in the development and presentation of proposals and liaising with technical pre-sales team
Skills and Experience:
- We’re looking for a true hunter – with a minimum of three to five years of experience in a business development/new sales role (or similar) in B2B software development / tech consulting.
- Experience in professional services and / or technology consulting (AI or Blockchain based solutions is an advantage).
- Proven track record of achieving individual and team’s sales targets.
- Proven ability to negotiate complex contracts/deals, with sales cycles of various durations
- Excellent client/customer engagement must be willing to go the extra mile to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Experienced in stakeholder management, ideally at senior management, executive and C-Suite levels
- Knowledgeable in consultative selling methodologies and a complete understanding and experience in managing the end-to-end sales cycle.
- Able to create and execute sales strategies including identifying product market fit, and mapping technology solutions to key target market accounts.
- Contribute to the development of sales forecasts and monthly / quarterly reports and managing activities through our CRM (HubSpot).
- Integrate and work effectively with teams in different regions
- Proficient in Google Workspace suite of tools (Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides) and willingness to use other company communication and productivity tools (e.g., slack)
- Knowledge and experience in using tender portals and developing proposals.
- Able to work independently with the view to grow, manage and inspire a team.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), attention to detail, and ensures documentation and reporting is done on time and accurately.
- Has an existing Australian network that can be tapped into.
- Have valid working rights in Australia.
Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.
← Back to job listings