- Working on exciting big projects
- Opportunity to grow and develop your skills and experience
- Work for a business who rewards their staff for their hard work
- Join a growing business who has been in the industry for over 40 years
About the Employer
Our client has been within the Air Conditioning and ventilation trade for over 40 years. They are service providers who manage large projects from design through to installation.
About the Role:
As a Mechanical Engineer, your role is primarily responsible for managing and performing design checks, selecting equipment’s as well as preparing data sheets and schematic drawings however your role is not limited as you will be involved in the whole process from start to finish. Must be experienced working within a contract company with project and mechanical engineering.
- Be part of a team that is passionate about the Air Conditioning / Ventilation business
- Attractive salary package
- Exciting opportunity to be working on large projects
- Engineering design checks of consultant’s design drawings, mechanical specification.
- Optimising HVAC drawings to ensure the most cost-efficient outcome.
- Using your experience and ingenuity to solve engineering issues.
- Sourcing quotes, working with suppliers and vendors to secure the right equipment for each project.
- Preparation and monitoring of project schedules.
- Preparation of equipment submittals.
- Preparation of design calculations for CHW/HHW pump systems; Fan, AHUs and FCUs statics calculations; Gas pressure drop calculations.
- Reviewing HVAC shop drawings against design requirements and providing comments to drafting team
- Preparing air and water schematics for the projects
- Reviewing BMS functional descriptions for functionality and optimisation of the system
- Solving site problems.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of the BCA codes
- Ability to perform heat load calculations with Camel
- Familiar with Green Star design requirements
- Knowledge of NABERS calculations would be beneficial
- In-depth knowledge of the Australian Standards
- Engineers of Australia/ Airah membership
- Strong knowledge of mechanical services
- 10 or more years of experience in Contracting Companies as a project/ mechanical engineer
- Experience preparing project documentation such as equipment arrangement and technical schedules
- Exposure to construction and operations
- Good skills in Autocad and Revit Softwares
- Ability to deliver on time
Please forward your cover letter and resume in WORD format.
Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.
Job ID: MASME01
← Back to job listings