- Attractive salary package
- Close Knit-team
- Small niche business dealing with high-profile clients
- Opportunity to work alongside the Owner
About the Employer
Our client is a privately owned Agro-chemical trading and marketing company based in South East Melbourne. They provide quality procurement solutions specialising in Pesticides and selling within various market segments such as Broadacre, Pest control, Home and Garden plus Public and Animal health.
Over the years, they have grown organically with a list of clients that includes Local Manufacturers, Distributors and Multinational companies throughout Australasia, Europe and South America.
They strive through innovation, so they can continue to offer the best possible outcomes by providing quality solutions and customer satisfaction.
They are a small close-knit team with a fun vibrant environment located in beautiful offices based in the South-East of Melbourne.
About the Role:
Our client is seeking a motivated self-starter who has the ability to hit the ground running. This Operations Manager will manage the full import and export process as well as optimise the business operations.
This role requires an individual who sets high standards for themselves, as well as an individual with strong eye for detail and a can-do attitude.
- Excellent managerial role
- Attractive remuneration package
- Ability to make this role their own
- Opportunity working directly alongside the Owner
- Documentation Management – Overseeing the end-to-end operations process of the international trade
- Overseeing and Liaising with customers, suppliers and Logistic companies
- Managing and upkeep of all Insurance documents and quality procedures / documentations
- Management of new internal Business Projects
- Coordinating with the bookkeeper and the Accountants on monthly BAS
- Monitoring and overseeing the Accounts Payable / Receivable
- Manage the operations team and all external stakeholders
- Organising and approving payments as required
- Being the right hand to the General Manager/Director
- Complete office management
- Weekly reporting to the GM
Skills and Experience:
- International Trade experience (dealing with local / offshore suppliers and clients as well as adapting to different cultures)
- Chemicals field (preferable)
- Bachelor’s degree (preferable)
- Managing AR/AP experience
- Microsoft office skills
- Strong People management skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-starter who carries with them high standards
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under-pressure
Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.
← Back to job listings