- Progressive and diverse education group that operates at the forefront of Australia’s higher education sector
- Be a key member of the Executive Management Team
- Executive $$$ Salary Package on Offer
About the Employer
Our client is a progressive and diverse education group that operates at the forefront of Australia’s higher education sector with campuses in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and with overseas campuses in the UK and India. Over the past two decades they have provided quality teaching to thousands of students through English language courses, bachelor’s degrees, postgraduate degrees and targeted internships.
With a global presence across several regions – Australia, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Philippines & Nepal our client works in partnership with quality higher education providers nationally and internationally to provide a world-class educational experience as well as offering online courses in partnership with universities for more than half a million students.
About the Role
Our client offers an exciting opportunity for a Group Chief Financial Officer to be part of their team. As a key member of the executive management team, you will have the rewarding opportunity to progress your career within the education industry. We are seeking an innovative and passionate leader with strong financial experience and sound knowledge in corporate governance.
As the CFO you will be deeply involved in Company’s preparation to go IPO, including completion of financial statements, forecasts, preparation of roadshow presentation packs for investment banks, analysts, investors and other stakeholders. As they prepare for listing, the CFO will need to be sensitive to the culture within the organisation and demonstrate a capacity to bring employees along as the requirements of their roles evolve. Post IPO the CFO will also need to play a key role in investor relations and bring the communication skills required to succeed in this capacity.
- A supportive team environment
- Energetic culture that inspires and supports excellence
- Work/life balance
- Expanding network of contacts
- A multicultural & dynamic workplace
- Provide financial advice and analysis to the Board of Directors and CEO on all strategic and operational aspects of financial management for the organisation.
- Maximise the Company’s financial strength through effective cash flow management and appropriate investment strategies.
- Drive the long-term forecasting, budget planning and cost management individually for all Business entities as well as the Company consolidated suite.
- Ensure prudent management of the Group’s cash flows, interest rates and associated financial risk exposures in line with the Board approved policies.
- Manage the provision of payroll and salary packaging services for employees in consultation with the People, Engagement and Culture team.
- Assist with the negotiations of complex transactions and acquisitions, including the successful integration of acquisitions. Owning successful delivering of both, cost, and revenue synergies.
- Lead the development of new financial systems that are scalable and can accommodate acquisitions and potentially international operations.
Skills and Experience:
- Higher Education sector experience, or alternatively, a demonstrated understanding of (and interest in) the education sector and extensive experience in comparable, service-oriented industry settings.
- Tertiary qualifications with senior leadership experience and a CPA/CA accreditation.
- Senior level financial management expertise, including taxation, compliance, asset management, insurance, reporting and legal issues in a complex organisation with significant income, contract management and reporting requirements.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, with the gravitas and presence to work with a range of stakeholders including the Board, Key Executives, Investors and the Finance team.
- Adhere to Company’s required values and behaviours
COVID 19 – Vaccination Policy:
Candidates should note that our client has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Successful candidates will need to provide evidence that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a medical exemption approved by an appropriate state government agency in order to be appointed to the role.
Interstate and international travel will be required as part of this role.
Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.
Job ID: NC03394/1.0
← Back to job listings