- Join a small consultative company delivering big projects
- Attractive remuneration
- World class team
About the Employer
Our client is a specialist cyber security company operating in the Asia-Pacific region. With a range of expert skills in their team, their capabilities extend from security governance, risk and compliance, through to professional services, vendor solutions, technical security and managed security services.
They deliver tailored business focused, pragmatic, sustainable and practical solutions to ensure every single time they engage their clients, they are in a more secure place and that cater to the client’s objectives, security priorities and maturity.
As a result of significant growth, they are seeking a Senior Cyber Security Specialist to be part of improving the security posture of Australian small and medium businesses, resellers and managed service providers (MSPs), bringing together a passion for building relationships and delivering leading cybersecurity solutions
About the role
The Senior Cyber Security Specialist is a subject matter expert in cyber risk and security management for our rapidly expanding business. The role will suit someone who is experienced in managing an internal cyber security function and looking to provide this expertise to uplift client’s cyber security capabilities.
Working with many diverse clients, across sectors and of all shapes and sizes, you will bring experience leading cyber security functions to deliver expertise in the successful operation of a cyber security function for our clients, including strategy and policy development, security tools and technology understanding, and solid vendor management.
- Growing company in a great niche
- Small consultative approach delivering big projects
- Remote working options for the right candidate
- Great team culture
- Flexible and agile in their approach
- Lead cyber security functions to deliver expertise in the successful operation of a cyber security function for your clients, including strategy and policy development, security tools and technology understanding, and solid vendor management.
- Audit and security program management
- Manage cyber programs within the organisation.
Skills and Experience:
- security function and is looking to provide that expertise to multiple clients
- Demonstrable experience coordinating team resources to prioritise activities and optimise outcomes
- Strong demonstrable experience with the implementation and management of industry cyber security standards such as NIST, PCI-DSS, APRA CPS-234, ASD Essential 8, ISO27001 requirements
- Strong knowledge of technical security controls and keeping up to date with security technologies
- A positive can-do attitude, and a desire to help clients evolve and improve their security posture, rather than just telling them their issues
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to demonstrate your ability to talk to various stakeholders and teams across a business
- Strong documentation skills and attention to high quality delivery (an attention to detail)
- Experience working with M365, AWS and/or Google cloud platforms, especially in relation to native capabilities and controls, and policy development, would be highly regarded.
- Security certifications, however, knowledge and demonstrable practical experience are critical.
- Have managed cyber programs within organisations, proven experience in this type of function.
- 5+ years working in various roles within internal security teams. Consulting experience advantageous, but not essential for this role
- Qualifications CISSP, CISM, cloud platform specialties
- Trustworthy client focused
- Strong leadership skills
- Have a consultative style, able to self-manage, be trustworthy and client focused
Our client promotes a flexible work environment and encourages everyone to be a contributor to expand and enhance their mission to help clients achieve their security objectives. Remote working and location may be flexible for the right candidate, given the clients rapidly expanding presence across Australia.
Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.
Job ID: NC10773/2.0
← Back to job listings