- Generous Salary $$ on Offer!
- Own responsibility for Melbourne based warehouse
- Fast growing, dynamic Team
About the Employer
For over 30 years, our client has been servicing the Australian industry. A successful national supplier of Clothing and Footwear, Personal Protective Equipment, Tools, Site Supplies and more. With warehouses now in most capital cities, they have never been better placed to provide a national supply solution.
Founded on a solid base of core values, which include knowledge, performance, honesty and integrity, customers are the essence of their company. They believe in an open and transparent process in which they provide service to the best of their ability.
They offer a supply package which includes customer focused service, large stock holdings, express delivery systems, dedicated after sales support, constant research and development and a proven performance record.
About the Role
With a warehouse and distribution network that allows our client to service customers Australia wide – shipping what their clients want, where they want and when you want! Our client is offering a rare and exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Supervisor for their Melbourne based Warehouse. Reporting to the National Warehouse Manager based in Sydney, you will be responsible for warehouse duties from receipting and putting away of stock, to picking and dispatching orders, overseeing the warehouse team and overseeing and being responsible for the running of the Melbourne Warehouse.
- A generous salary package that is commensurate with your skills and experience
- A positive work environment where your contribution is recognized and valued
- Potential for advancement within the branch and the company
- Ongoing professional development and training
- A business that has 30 years’ experience ensures you have industry service that you can rely on.
- Oversee the Melbourne Warehouse daily operations
- Team management and supervision
- Checking off incoming goods, matching orders with delivery documentation
- Unloading deliveries, putting stock away where required
- Picking, packing and dispatch of customer orders, (boxing, labelling shrink wrapping)
- Coordinating with transport companies for the efficient and economical dispatch of orders and stock transfers
- Check and process back-orders as stock becomes available
- Ensuring all contact with customers is professional and timely
- Protect employees and customers by providing a safe & clean store environment including a safety check on forklift
- Implement cost reduction principles in all aspects of warehouse transactions and activities
- Working safely and in accordance with Company processes and systems
- Uphold a high-level safety culture and contribute to ongoing improvements in this area
Skills and Experience:
- Previous warehouse/logistics experience, supervisor/team leader experience preferable
- Highly organised with ability to manage themselves and their time well
- An enthusiastic and self-motivated person who can self-manage
- Strong work ethic and values
- An open mind and willingness to improve and learn
- Strong communication skills that enable you to effectively deal with other members of the team
- A problem solver with a positive “can do” attitude.
- A good working knowledge of computers, with ability to learn warehouse management operating system
- A current driver’s license
- A current forklift license
Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.
Job ID: NC10841/1.0
← Back to job listings