Senior Bookkeeper / Assistant Accountant
- Fantastic easy going team
- A successful and growing business
- Career pathway & opportunities
- Full Time or Part Time – Must be available Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
About the Employer
Our client is a growing boutique bookkeeping and business advisory firm, based in Sydney. They provide a range of customised services that allow business owners to achieve their individual financial and business goals. They provide innovative and cost-effective solutions to a range of financial management problems, allowing business owners to focus on the important job of growing their business.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Managing Director and working closely with the team and clients, you would be responsible for the management of the day-to-day accounts for our clients. The role will provide ongoing opportunities and variety to the successful candidate.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Reconciliation of bank accounts, credit cards and merchant facilities
- Raising and reconciliation of sales invoices
- Follow up on debtor payments
- Raising and reconciliation of purchases invoices
- Process payroll
- Preparation of BAS and IAS
- Process superannuation liabilities via super clearing house / online portal
- Preparation of budgets and cash-flow reports
- End-of-month reconciliation and prepare monthly management reports
- Preparation of end-of-year working paper files
- Adhoc administrative duties as required
To be successful for this role you must have the following:
- Tertiary qualified having completed an accounting/bookkeeping degree / diploma
- 3-4 years professional experience as a bookkeeper/assistant accountant.
- Demonstrable experience within a professional services business having worked on a broad client base.
- Proficiency in the use of both MYOB and Xero is essential.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Be able to show initiative and problem solve as needed
- A high level of attention to detail.
- A positive approach to work and clients
- A proactive approach to work and task completion
- A solid work ethic and ability to demonstrate a hard working approach
- A loyal and committed approach to clients and company
- A supportive and customer focused approach
This role offers a great career opportunity together with work, family and life balance. Our client will offer a competitive salary package and career opportunities to the right person. If you are a person who is willing to role your sleeves up and get the job done and wants to work for a company that is growing and providing high calibre professional services, this could be an excellent opportunity for you.
Please forward your cover letter and resume in WORD format.
Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.
Job ID: SBSBAA01
← Back to job listings