- No two days the same!
- Work on the cutting edge of technology
- Professional Development Provided
About the Employer
Our client is a small to medium Managed Service Provider based in Sydney. Their goal is to deliver efficient and effective first level technical support to all clients.
About the Role:
Our client is seeking an experienced Senior Systems Engineer/Level 2-3 to join their team. You will be responsible to manage projects, consult with customers and provide hands-on technical skills across a wide range of technologies.
- Work with a supportive team environment
- Competitive remuneration
- Exposure to different technologies & clients
- Long term career opportunity
- Provide support to the service desk team for complex technical issues, including server applications and infrastructure components.
- Infrastructure implementation, support and troubleshooting – Both remote and on-site, including repair/replacement of hardware, configuration of networks, security, and server infrastructure, and managing customer expectations regarding outages and downtime
- Project work – including building and implementing IT infrastructure, both on-site at customer premises and remotely (where possible), working with customer resources and other team members where required
- Working with the myriad of technologies that make up the IT infrastructure including Servers (both hardware and software), storage platforms, network infrastructure, security & firewalls. Must be required to rapidly (often on the fly) learn new technologies and components.
- Project management – projects, regardless of how big or small, require some level of project management. This function will often need to be provided by the engineer, including defining the requirements with the customer, managing the customer expectations, liaising with the customer for timings and outages, and seeking signoff on completion of the project or project stage.
Skills and Experience:
- 7 – 10 years’ experience delivering technical services as a Senior Systems Engineer
- Have outstanding interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Must have Microsoft certifications, preferably MCSA/MCSE
- Must have networking certifications such as CCNA or CCNP
- Must have a good understanding of, and preferably certified in ITIL
- Demonstrated experience with servers, storage, and other IT infrastructure, virtualisation (VMware, Hyper V) and cloud infrastructure and customer migration
- Must have experience with network and firewall support, scripting (such as VBS, PowerShell, Pearl, PHP etc.)
- Current driver’s licence and own vehicle
Candidates must have a current security clearance, or be willing to obtain one, you must be an Australian Citizen.
Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.
Job ID: SFSSE01
← Back to job listings