Business Development Manager / Account Manager
- Competitive salary, fully maintained company car & phone
- Great blend of Account Management and New Business Acquisition
- Nimble, agile company who support with quick decision making
About the Employer
Ever dreamed of a BDM role with no ‘red tape’? Where your targets are more service based than hard sales and you don’t have to jump through bureaucratic hoops to get quick answers to win clients and make sales? Where the decision maker is either YOU, or only ever a phone call away? And where you’re not bogged down in hours of CRM data entry and admin every day? OF COURSE you have! If this sounds like your dream role – IT IS!
Our client believes in old-school values;
- A flat, non-hierarchical leadership structure
- Visiting your customers at minimum quarterly
- Quality products and service without compromise
- Really making you part of the wider team, despite your being on the road most days
Almost 15 years ago, two passionate gentlemen with a single vision started an aluminium wholesale business where the customer TRULY comes first and the team work closely to make sure that happens. Fast forward to today, and this thriving business continues to grow with branches across Australia, more than 100 staff and the directors themselves STILL hit the road to support their teams when business is busy (which happens a lot).
About the Role
This is seriously a rare as hen’s teeth role, where you’ll spend 80% of your time maintaining and growing a very loyal client base, and 20% of your time in new business acquisition. But that’s not the major difference. Here, your targets are mostly about face time with your clients, where a $1k customer is just as valued as a $50k customer is. No unreachable sales targets that force you to compromise on building those solid relationships just to make budget.
As such, this role doesn’t offer commission, but a very healthy and market competitive entry salary band negotiable commensurate with your industry and sales experience and reviewed annually against targets, along with all the tools of trade to make sure you’re successful, including;
- Fully maintained company vehicle
- Company phone
- Hands on training
- Reporting to ensure you never go in blind to a customer
- Minimum twice weekly branch time to build and maintain exceptional team relationships and make sure you always feel supported ‘back at base’
- An annual salary review against targets – work your magic and you will be rewarded accordingly
- Leaders who work in the trenches with you, so they understand acutely the challenges a great BDM faces
- Nimble, agile and always available decision makers who get that quick decisions can be the difference between winning a sale or not
What YOU will bring to be successful:
A dream job deserves a dream candidate…read on to see if that’s YOU.
- Ideally (but not essential), you’ll come from a background where you understand the industry and can speak the customers’ language;
- Building and/or building products
- Steel, aluminium, metal products
- Car or boat building
- You’re a mature and seasoned operator with strong B2B sales experience and stronger face to face Account Management/Customer Relationship Management experience
- You can clearly demonstrate this to us with a consistent history of meeting service and sales targets and great customer feedback results. If you’re thinking “I should bring my last few Performance Reviews to interview” you’re on the right track!
- You know a great role when you see one, and you stick around. Your resume will show this longevity in previous roles, and now you’re looking for that place to truly call home
- Your previous managers would say you’re;
- Impeccably presented with exceptional communication skills
- An accomplished negotiator with well-developed strategic sales competence
- Ambitious and results/target driven
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
- Consistent and reliable
- You have a current CLEAN drivers’ licence with recent RTA print out
This is a truly rare role with ownership and long term stability, where quality is never compromised and you’re supported to bring your best, every day in a nimble, growing, passionate and energetic company. DON’T WAIT – this role will attract the best candidates and WILL be filled quickly.
Please forward your cover letter and resume in WORD format.
Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.
Job ID: TWBDME01.1
← Back to job listings