- Great salary package
- Well established business with excellent company culture
- Great work schedule and coastal lifestyle
About the Employer
Our client is a family started building business, building premium modular homes. They have been building homes since the 1990’s. They are very well established and respected in their field. They build and design lifestyle homes up and down the south and central coast of NSW. As a modular construction company that prides themselves on the high-quality finishes of their homes, they require high quality staff. You will be an integral and valued member of their team.
About the Role:
This is a full time, fast-paced role and would be suitable for someone who is driven and a natural leader looking to develop their skills and knowledge in the construction industry. You will be based at the client factory reporting directly to the Factory Supervisor & Carpentry Team Leader and be responsible for assisting them in all factory processes, and in the overall day-to-day running of the factory to ensure the production schedule is adhered to.
This role is mainly responsible for carrying out the carpentry-related tasks of the factory production team. As a member of the factory production team, this role has a responsibility to contribute positively to the team spirit whilst keeping a firm stance under pressure to ensure the production output goal of the company is achieved. This will often involve manual labour. Building and/or carpentry experience is essential.
As part of this company, you will need to be a team player working towards team goals but have the ability to work individually and unsupervised when required to. The ideal candidate will be reliable, fit and healthy, with a hardworking, can-do attitude. Through support and training, you should be keen and willing to learn new skills as you look to develop your knowledge in general building aspects, construction management, scheduling and logistics.
- Great salary
- Good work schedule and lifestyle on the coast
- Fantastic company culture, reflected in their retention rate
- Factory has continued to operate during Covid restrictions and lockdowns
- Carpentry and building work as required including house details, timber floor installations, lock-up work, site works etc.
- Keeping the work area clean and safe
- Assist in security, supervision of stock usage
- Assist in the responsibility of opening and closing the factory as part of the production team
- Attend to quality control requests from Carpentry Team Leader & Factory Supervisor
- Assistance to factory team and trades as required
- From time-to-time, working on site as required
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ practical building and/or carpentry experience is essential
- Experience working for either a Modular or Project Builder
- Trade qualified – Carpentry, Joiner or Roofer
- Experience working on stand frames, pitching roofs and cladding
- Steel frame building would be an advantage
- Experience in meeting deadlines and planning work
- Experience in WHS in a production environment
- The ability to manage people / train apprentices and attain performance measures in a harmonious way
- Forklift operating license is an advantage but is not critical
- Strong work ethic and results focus that gets the job done
- Strong attention to detail
Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.
← Back to job listings