- Great salary package
- Well established business with excellent company culture
- Great work schedule and coastal lifestyle
About the Employer
Our client is a family started building business, building premium modular homes. They have been building homes since the 1990’s. They are very well established and respected in their field. They build and design lifestyle homes up and down the south and central coast of NSW. As a modular construction company that prides themselves on the high-quality finishes of their homes, they require high quality staff. You will be an integral and valued member of their team.
About the Role:
Our client builds a large part of their modular homes in their onsite factory, prior to them being sent out onsite. This role will be responsible for and take ownership of their factory storeroom, providing essential support to the production team and reporting directly to the production manager. The role is crucial to the smooth running of production and scheduling timeframes in the factory. It will require someone with an understanding of building materials and supplies alongside acute attention for detail.
You will be Responsible for all factory material and hardware, ensure all material, hardware and PC items are stored in the correct position, and updating stock lists weekly. Alongside this you will be responsible for quality control across supply chain, delivery’s, ordering and stocktake. Being good with data is integral to the role due to the amount of moving parts, building codes and specifications involved in building custom homes.
- Good work schedule and lifestyle on the coast
- Fantastic company culture, reflected in their retention rate
- Great salary
- No travel required
- Factory has continued to operate during Covid restrictions and lockdowns
- Run and take responsibility of the factory storeroom, which comprises of all factory materials, hardware and building supplies. Including stock lists and stocktake, keeping it organised / housekeeping, returning unused materials from production, maintaining stock
- Prepare orders for Factory Supervisor so that PO’s can be made
- Checking in deliveries ensuring correct items have been ordered / supplied and marking with specific job numbers, communicating errors swiftly to production
- Quality control and supply chain, being in front of productions needs
- Ordering materials for factory and specific customers
Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in a medium to large warehouse as a store person or supervisor
- Exposure to building products and materials
- Ability to use computer programs
- Lean Manufacturing experience, preferred but not essential
- Excellent time management, you should be able to handle multiple tasks and prioritise during busy times.
- Eye for detail, ability to read specifications to ensure the correct items are supplied
- Work well within a team, alongside the ability to work unsupervised
- You will be reliable, fit and healthy, with a hardworking, can do attitude to achieve team and individual goals
- Through support and training, you should be keen and willing to learn new skills as you look to develop your knowledge in general building aspects, construction management, scheduling and logistics.
- Current forklift licence and Manual drivers’ licence preferred
Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.
← Back to job listings