Being able to maximise your time and keep within an affordable budget is vital for any small to medium business when it comes to recruitment. Here is some hiring advice for your SME from The Recruitment Alternative team:
Enticing Job Descriptions
Writing enticing job descriptions is crucial to engaging with experienced and qualified candidates. Here are a few tips to consider according to Indeed:
- Make titles as specific as possible – The more accurate your title, the more effective you will be in piquing the interest of the most qualified and interested job seekers.
- Open with a captivating summary – Provide an overview that gets job seekers excited about the role and your SME
- Include the essentials – Include core responsibilities, skills, day-to-day activities, and explain how the position fits into the organisation.
- Keep descriptions concise – Job descriptions between 700 and 2,000 characters receive up to 30% more applications, according to Indeed Data.
Social Media Platforms
Social media has evolved into being a great recruitment tool. Sites like Facebook and LinkedIn allow you to share job posting with your entire network and offers the ability to apply via the platform. Even if the people you reach aren’t interested in the role, it’s likely they may know someone who is a good fit. This means they could send the role to them, tag them in the post or share it on via other methods.
It doesn’t matter how much you’re paying, or how great the projects you’re working on are, if you fail to treat candidates with dignity and respect, you’re doing your SME a disservice. You may want to consider the following:
- Have you provided an accurate up-front job description?
- For interviews, did you show up on time?
- How well did you prepare for the interview process?
- Did you introduce the candidate to co-interviewers or offer a tour of the office?
- Was there enough time to exchange feedback with the candidate and allow questions?
Differentiate Yourself From The Competition
Don’t use the same old lines about your winning culture or generic overviews, instead discuss your value proposition. Highlight what makes you different from the competition. Ask yourself, why would someone want to work at your SME?
Are you a small business looking to recruit top talent at an affordable price? Contact The Recruitment Alternative today on 1300 548 546 or via our contact us page. We will be able to work with you to achieve your recruitment needs.