There is no doubt that recruiting in December can be tricky due to the Christmas season. However, we’ll share some information on why you should recruit in December. So you don’t put it off until the New Year, when you can start fresh. As commencing a recruitment campaign in December has many advantages over starting in January.
Top Five Benefits
- Cherry-pick the best candidates ahead of the competition
- Induct and train candidates so they are ready to hit the ground running in the New Year
- As other companies wind down it means candidates will have more flexibility to take time off to attend interviews
- There will be less competition, as most companies believe Christmas is a quiet time for recruitment
- When advertising, there is a high chance that your ad will be seen by the right candidates as job seekers are usually saturated with ads and this time of year means less competition and more visibility
Leverage Your Social Media
Social media use ramps up at this time of year due to online shopping, people sharing their Christmas selfies, family/friends getting in touch with each other to coordinate social gatherings, posting pictures of beach trips, etc. Utilising your social media correctly during this period means you will have more opportunity of connecting to the right candidates. Not only that, but it’s an excellent branding opportunity as well!
Post COVID-19 Recruitment
Some states such as Victoria, have been greatly impacted by Covid-19 restrictions. This has changed the recruitment scene for 2020 compared to what it looked like in 2019. With the employment landscape ever-changing, it is important to be prepared for what recruitment will look like for your organisation now. Such as flexible working hours, ability to work from home, training with new software such as Zoom, etc.
Feeling Busy But Need To Recruit?
If you are just too busy but still need to recruit in December, that is what The Recruitment Alternative is here for! With our affordable fixed pricing, we offer a low-cost recruitment solution that makes sense. Operating across Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide, etc. our highly skilled consultants are ready to find the right fit for your organisation. Contact us on 1300 548 546 today to discuss how we can help save you money and time on your next recruitment campaign over this Christmas season.